The expansion of MDC to the cities of Laredo and El Paso represents a huge step forward for the telecom industry, both for Mexico and the US. Our proven model will encourage more interconnections on these border cities, resulting in better connectivity between the two nations and additional business towards our ecosystem of carriers.
To help you leverage on these opportunities, we have prepared a set of key benefits of partnering with MDC in Laredo and El Paso.
How MDC is shifting the market on the US-Mexico border
Laredo and El Paso are two of the largest communication gateways between US and Mexico. Both cities feature significant carrier density and multi-tenant data centers; however, existing options in Laredo and El Paso are carrier-specific and do not create an environment of growth.
Here is what our proposal looks like for these two critical markets on the US-Mexico border:
- Carrier neutrality: Experience the freedom of interconnection without intermediaries. Neutrality encourages competition, growth, and quality of service. We do not and will never compete with our customers.
- Purpose-built Data Centers: Colocation facilities in both markets are not engineered as data centers, representing a real threat to mission critical applications. MDC is offering real purpose-built data centers with a reliable infrastructure to house your most valuable equipment and services. You can’t go wrong with reliability.
- International Fiber Crossings: Independents, redundant, and with flexible contracts. Our border crossing infrastructure connects Mexico to our facilities on the other side of the Rio Grande River, providing enhanced connectivity via Dark Fiber and diverse routes forming a redundant ring in Laredo and El Paso, respectively.
Read Full Press Release: MDC expands its footprint with two new data centers in Laredo and El Paso
These valuable attributes coupled with our qualified engineers enable an ecosystem of growth with a reliable carrier-neutral partner capable of delivering end-to-end solutions across the border.
How you can benefit from this expansion on the US-Mexico border
You may be wondering how you can start benefiting today from these openings in Laredo and El Paso, and here is the answer.
If you already have a point-of-presence in any of these two markets, determine your current and future needs, and contrast them with your colocation provider. Evaluate growth opportunities, service reliability, and settlement conditions. If you don’t see a good fit or would like to experience carrier-neutrality for the first time in Laredo and El Paso, we are here to help.
If you don’t have any point-of-presence in McAllen, Laredo, or El Paso, you are likely leaving business opportunities on the table. Here you can take a glimpse at the growth of the broadband Internet in Mexico, easily one of the fastest growing markets over the past three years.
Pointing out some of the benefits you will appreciate at MDC:
- Freedom of interconnecting without intermediaries in a carrier-neutral environment.
- New and diverse fiber crossing in and out of Mexico.
- Our Business Advocacy Program for lowering your costs and risks with introductions to decision-makers, online platforms such as the Marketplace, and risk-free trial of products and services with MDC.
Also, we have bundling opportunities for multi-site deployments into our colocation facilities in McAllen, Laredo, and El Paso.